Deep River Press introduces another top-selling installment in The Accountant Beside You series- Nonprofit Accounting for Volunteers, Treasurers, and Bookkeepers with step by step accounting assistance for nonprofits. This book provides real-life problems and solutions that nonprofits often face. It also includes access to free online resources for your convenience.
Simple and thorough enough for any level of accounting competency. This isn’t just “Accounting for Dummies”--this detailed, easy-to-read guide will teach you how to look after the whole financial well-being of your nonprofit organization.
This book will walk you through:
- Necessary steps for starting a nonprofit
- Implementing safety controls to prevent theft and errors
- Basic accounting lingo and how it ties into nonprofits
- Using a chart of accounts to monitor the money flow
- How to select the right accounting system for the size and needs of your nonprofit
- Usable Quickbooks and Excel templates, letters to donors, and policy examples
- Receiving, recording, and acknowledgment different types of donations
- W-2s, 1099s, payroll, and reimbursements
- Budgeting with your organization’s priorities in mind
- Bookkeeping checklists for monthly and yearly audits
- Unrelated business income taxes (UBIT) and how it could affect your organization
- A rundown through nonprofit tax returns, including Form 990 N, Form 990 EZ, and Form 990-Schedule A and Schedule B
Written specifically for non-accountants, this book will empower YOU to take control of your organization’s finances!
Author Lisa London, CPA (ISNI 0000 0004 5059 7909) is the author of The Accountant Beside You series used worldwide by over 40,000 organizations.
QuickBooks Online for Nonprofits & Churches-A Step-by-Step Guide