Church accounting poses its unique challenges. This can be emphasized when using programs designed to help for-profit businesses that can lead to frustration from even the experienced bookkeeper. Lisa London, CPA has created QuickBooks for Churches and Nonprofits to help, even if you have no accounting knowledge. This book will guide you through the specific necessities of QuickBooks for your church or small nonprofit.
Updated for 2020, with detailed illustrations this book will walk you through:
- Establishing accounting procedures and controls to safeguard the money
- Recording donations, and non-monetary, related incoming cash flow
- Tracking member accounts for fundraisers and mission trips
- Designing a chart of accounts for churches
- Sending donor acknowledgments
- Tracking investment gains and losses
- Calculate payroll without relying on an outside service
- Recording expenses, bills, and business transactions
This book in The Accountant Beside You series was written to assist non-accountants in untangling the financial knots that come with running a church or nonprofit organization. Lisa London is a CPA and top-selling author with decades of experience.
She walks readers through the process of setting up QuickBooks from a chart of accounts custom-designed for churches, to running the reports for the year-end and preparing for an audit. Take control of your organization's finances with The Accountant Beside You!
ISNI 0000 0004 5059 7909 Lisa London, Author